Mortality

This piece is a remix of a poem that my friend wrote. I was showing him an example of how people can edit and create poems from existing poems and the possibilities of the different style to collaborate. I maintained rhyming as in the poem to relate it back to the original as much as I could. It definitely turned out to have a very different outcome and emotion to it as we both have different takes of when we read the original piece. The original piece was written by Nicholas.

At day break
Right where the sun beams wake
By the lake
where palms cup the first breaths of my vitality
This is the beginning of legacy.

The skies change its tone
as swallows sweep
as kites soar
Dancing with winds blown
as rain pours
as I weep
over the things I have outgrown.

As my youth slipped through the cracks
Like an hourglass tipping over
The grains of sand lose track
within its own gradients covered
in the multitudes of a thousand folds
Quicker as the angle grows steeper.

Falling with gravity
is inevitable
The truth about my youth
is undeniable
I face my reality
that one day I will not be reliable.
I bleed like any mortal does.

I am left lowering my palms
spilling my memories like alms
back into the lake
I lay my bitter pride for my sake
As dusk approaches
I do not fear the darkness that encroaches.

Farewell vigor.

- Swit Marie
1838H 12th November 2018
Kuching




Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, she would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020