Storm and Shield

Looks like a lot of 2019 has been a stream of consciousness, maybe it's just my mind being a complete mess for most of the year. At this point now in 2020, things are starting to come to the surface and the mind is more still which gives me more room to breathe. 

There’s a storm here again tonight. It’s been a strange day. Begun and ended violently. 

I lay here in my bed listening to the wind and the driving rain assaulting my windows. But I’m safe and warm. Protected here from turmoil as I am by your presence in my life. 


I feel so removed as to almost appreciate the chaos just beyond the shroud of comfort which surrounds me. As I do in the care and kindness and love I feel in being with you. Your presence makes the troubles of my life seem further away. Like a storm outside my windows.


You’re not my shield from it. But in my mind, you are here with me. And the safety I feel in your presence allows me to appreciate the beauty in all that chaos. In the trivial problems of every day. Enough distance to appreciate, now and in every moment; an ephemeral beauty in the meaningless discordance of being.


- Swit Marie

02:24H 6th July 2019

TMM HQ



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020