Siren Serenade

This tune came to me while I was driving earlier this year and I didn't really progress much with the lyrics and completed the first draft this month. Yay #newshit! This piece revolved around the long distance relationship I was in, where I would feel like I was lost at sea in dealing with the undercurrents and waves of security.

I will sing in the shadows For the arms, I seek to find Lost my way coming home Maps drenched in the late monsoon

Paths washed by the passing tides

Blinded in salt and brine

Cobblestones swallowed by sand

Mermaids' sirens call to land


Hoping my voice can be heard

Through the ocean deep

May the waves carry my song

Send a signal out to sea.


Drifting with the swirling winds

Bobbing in the mist and breeze

A lighthouse to mayday back

And sailors to hear my plea.


Filling up the emptiness

with empty memories

Seabeds consume our flesh

Leaves bones dry in the sand


Cavities lined with words unsaid

Letters in bottles unsent

Tidal waves fully take over

To capsize and devour


Hope should not waver

Faith should not change

Despite the stormy weather

Through the stages of the ages.


In the darkness of the night

I will sing this song to you

The stars flow with the melodies

Swim between the galaxies.


You may never hear my voice

But the seashells remember our song

The wind echoes harmonies

So you could hear them someday.


- Swit Marie

06:22H 5th December 2020

Sceni Co-workig and Events



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia