From JN: To A Deceased Person You Wish You Could Talk To

Even as I was writing this, the memories came flooding back. Not a day goes by that we don't think of you, cousin. Gone too soon indeed. 

The life of the party,
Lighting up the room with remarks both witty and snarky.
You made everybody laugh,
That was also your way of coping when things were tough.

Family gatherings are not the same,
Without you there doing or saying something insane,
Not a day goes by where we don't miss you,
And all the silly things you used to do.
 
Sometimes I'd find myself saying something and then I'd pause,
Waiting for you to give me one of your witty replies,    
It catches me by surprise,
Its then that it hits me that you're gone.

Memories of you are aplenty,
They often come back to remind me,
They make me smile,
Even if only just for a while.

What is it like where you are?
Is it everything you've dreamed of so far?
It's beautiful, isn't it?
I wish you could tell me about it, even just a little bit.

All these questions I wish you could answer,
I'll get the answers when I meet our Creator.
I'll see you again someday,
In my heart, memories of you are here to stay.

 - JN
10.25am, 17/5/2016 (Tuesday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020