From SB: To The Person You Miss The Most

Some weeks it is a challenge to just think about a person to write to, but this was unfortunately way too easy. It took me some weeks to consolidate that yes indeed, this person was the person I missed the most, so here it is.

I have tried to put this off & not write this,
I have even denied that it is you I miss,
But at this hour 50 minutes into two,
I disgruntledly admit the person I miss the most is you.

It is amazing how much a heart can ache,
And how many hours a person can stay awake,
Replaying in one's mind all the minor details,
Riding on a soul train that desperately needs to derail.

I miss your smile that lights up your eyes,
And the way your body convulses when you chuckle,
I miss how when I'm with you time flies,
And how we never get into a scuffle.

I miss your stupid colon closing bracket emoji,
That sometimes supercedes my name when you text,
I miss the unsuspecting jokes that were usually weak,
But still earned a small smile escaping from the corner near my cheek.

Forcing myself to ignore you is hard,
But truly there is no other way,
For we're destined to always part,
Whatever happens you'll never stay.

3am now and you've now stolen this hour,
As you do with most of my idle time,
Maybe I'll now go take a very cold shower,
And wish that for you I will no longer rhyme.

- SB
3.01am, 18th May 2016
Ghetto HQ



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory