Monsters In My Head

I have my own demons that I fight everyday. It is not easy but I will not give up. I refuse to sink when I can swim. 

It's been a long day,
My mind has gone astray,
I just want to hide away,
The demons have come out to play.

They put me in restraints,
For they claim I am insane,
They don't know what goes on in my head,
Most days I wish I was dead.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror,
Is there something wrong with me?
I'm losing my mind with every tiny error,
Am I going crazy?

It's a constant battle,
Sometimes I feel like things are never going to get better,
But I will break out of these shackles,
I am greater than this matter.

I sometimes lose grip on reality,
But I will not let this take over me,
This battle I will fight,
With my residual strength and might.

I owe it to myself,
To get up and try even when I'm feeling overwhelmed,
I will not give in to the monsters in my head,
When I'm done, they'll wish they were dead instead.


 - JN
9.15pm, 12/5/2016 (Thursday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia