NAPoWriMo: Мамочка

#NaPoWriMo2018 Day 6 Prompt by Poetry Cafe KL

Who's one of your real life heroes? Pick 3 traits to go with this person - kind eyes, big feet, a voice like rain eg. Write a note to your hero reminding them of why they are a hero to you.


An ode to you,
My source of love,
Your endless kindness is
my motivation to keep on
living and fighting.

Your face of youthfulness
hides the worry and anxiety
you never show the world
You face every challenge with
strength and steadfastness.

Always being compassionate
Sacrificing for your loved ones
Even strangers feel your warmth
Your patience is the pillar
that upholds our family
You always do what is best
Instead of what is easy.

You are a woman of many talents
And have mastered them all
Sewing every stitch for charity
Cooking to feed the hungry
Dancing feet that taps into every story
Inspiring me to be my best.

You stood by me
with every step I took
Went before me to look
out for me
Backed me up in trying times
Encouraged every rhyme
Reminded me with hope
And made me chase my dreams.

You figured me out
And I seeked to follow your figure
To be like you and make you proud
My heroine and saviour
My very own mother.

- Swit Marie
0332H 7th April 2018
Taman Bahagia


Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade