NaPoWriMo: Bump In The Dark

CAMBODIA - The Khmer Prompt - #KhmerPrompt
by Phina So
Write a poem in the Khmer form: 4 line stanzas with each line containing 7 syllables.
#FearBonus: The poem is about fear.
#BumpBonus: There is a loud sound in the poem, that somebody has to explore.#SEAPoWriMo2018 #SEAPoWriMo2018Day1 #KhmerPrompt
#monsters #jabberwocky What monsters lurk beneath your bed or in your closet at night ? What scares the bejesus out of you? What dark evil entity, idea or nightmare keeps you up at night? Write a children's poem about your monster, either real or imagined.

Mama, what is that I hear?
Something going bump in here
Is it something big or small?
sounds like it is coming near
But do not see it at all.

Papa, what is that I hear?
Something moving going creak
Tell me where did it go?
I am scared I do not know.

Gor gor, what is that I hear?
Something running going squeak
I feel it is over here
Help, I dare not take a peek.

Here, let me switch on the light
Everything is alright
It is scary in the dark
We get scared and we get stuck.

- Swit Marie
0425H 26th April 2018
Taman Bahagia



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020