NaPoWriMo: Mama Bear

#NaPoWriMo2018 #Day16 Prompt from Poetry Cafe KL
#NaPoWriMo #spiritanimal Which animal is your spirit animal? What are its qualities that you relate to or wish you could have? Write a poem about it.
This piece was performed for If Walls Could Talk KL's 3rd Anniversary show.

Cubs grow up with the loving care of their mothers
Mama bear looks after them
Keeping them close
Nurturing them
My mama did the same.

I learned from mama
How to be patient
How to tolerate
How to look after others
But I need to learn how to let go
Let others be
Learn how to hibernate.

Papa bear wasn't always there
His time for us was never fair
but he was still present
Enough for you to know his authority
I learned from papa
How to be strong
How to be resilient
How to be diligent
How to be silent.

Bearing in mind
I always put others before me
Taking care of them
Taking them in as my own
Protecting them becomes my priority.

Bears are gentle creatures
Unless threatened
Or provoked
I usually wouldn't lose my temper
Unless frustrated
I bear witness to every experience
Taking responsibility
Bearing my burdens
Holding my ground
Bearing my soul to help others
By making the journey a little easier.

I live with the bare necessities
Taking what I need from the land
Moving to where is needed
Always a work in process
Hoping that my surroundings will bear with me.

- Swit Marie
0407H 19th April 2018
Taman Bahagia



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020