Second That

I wrote this in the form of the different thoughts I had recently when I let go of some things in my past. I discarded all the poems my ex wrote for me along with the lies and thoughts that were attached to it. I have come to realise that I overvalue people and tend to give more than they deserve. I also found out in the past year who are the ones who are more deserving of my time, love and effort and who I should not invest more in anymore.

Thought: I held on to it because I didn't want to forget how much a person could love me and the extent that I could give of myself in devotion to that person.

Thought: I was afraid of losing that part of me, that ability to be entirely selfless and to feel unconditionally loved and accepted by someone else.

Truth: I realise that I have outgrown these experiences and if I were to love someone to that capacity again, it would be even more so as I have grown to be a more whole and stronger person once I have moved past these next 2 years.

Thought: I shouldn't be holding on to those markers as they are now obsolete and look beyond my past limitations and failures.

Thought: I had some nice poems back then, I will post them as throwbacks for a comparison to how much I have grown as a writer and person.

Truth: I am unwavering of the truths that hold my sanity steady. Even though I am not whole, I can still love and live at a greater capacity than before. I have allowed people to care for and love me especially when I am broken and delicate.

Reflection: Loving is doable, to ensure that someone is fully deserving of your love needs much discerning. Chemistry and attraction is easy but genuine actions speak multitudes of the person's character. Love wisely and value yourself above all others.

- Swit Marie
0240H 17th January 2019
Swit HQ




Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020