О любви

I was in a long-distance relationship with someone I met during my trip to Australia. It was a fulfilling partnership and the longing was true and deep. There was a sense of emptiness alongside how fulfilling the relationship was. I was very comfortable with being single, not wanting long-term relationships but we both made the exception. At this point after a year, things have been more strained and with the pandemic, it was uncertain of when we would be able to see each other but I was never uncertain with where I stood and hoped for. Wishful thinking has always landed me in displeased situations, I am an optimistic realist but that was not enough. The last time I truly felt like this was when I was in a long-distance relationship back in Russia. History does repeat itself if we do not learn from them and change. I just hope that I don't fall back to the same extremes and finally find some sense of balance in this new decade.

As I fall asleep,

I clasp my hands with each other,

just to feel like I am holding your hand

As I breathe in, the grasp gets slightly tighter

Because I know I do not want to let you go

Sinking into those moments

Fingers laced

Feeling home

Falling deeper into your fingerprints

I exhale more into cherishing you.


I reminisce of how your fingertips touch my skin

Slight pressure and gentleness

My cheeks rest in your palms

Like a kitten cuddled into your arms

Your warmth gives me security

Your hold is my safety

Your weight is my serenity.


How your fingers cup my nape

The way you hold my arms

wrap me in yours

Like a precious treasure you searched your whole life to find

Like your land that you would defend

Fighting across enemy lines

Like a gift from your dreams manifested from your ingenious mind.


Your lips that kiss fully and passionately

Prolonged as we hold our breath and breathe at the same time

Pecks on the forehead, cheek and lips

Eskimo kisses as our eyes look at each other

Knowing this is the connection we had sought for over the decades that have past

Something so wholesome that our past hurts have been overwritten

A longing that would soon be fulfilled once the time is right.


It feels great to be in love again

Raindrops smell sweet and refreshing

We live youthful at heart because energy surges through our cavities

Romance sweeps over our emotions like waves

The force to want to do things to wouldn't normally do

And power through each day knowing this is who we come home to.


- Swit Magpie Marie

0220H 6th July 2019

TMM HQ



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020