Rendezvous in Dreamland

You came to meet me in dream land again and I loved every moment we had from start till end. Though it was brief, I felt we belonged. Inspires after reading Jack Malik's Dreamland piece.

Close your eyes and sleep away
Away into your dreams and stay
Stay within those clouds
Clouds of dreams away from shadow shrouds.

Walk with me
Fingers clasped softly,
Hand in hand
Beside you I will stand.

Along pavements of comfort,
We stroll without effort
Settling into every step we take
Considering everything we have a stake.

I reach for you a little more
Carefully along the lines of your core
You look at me and said,
"Remember the promise you made?"

I nod my chin lightly
The corners of my lips lift slightly
Take a peek at your face
As my feet step in place.

Hold my breath as I wait for your reply
Unsure if your words will make me cry
All you do is let out a sigh
Left my thoughts to wonder why.

My eyes now open wide
Awake because it is bright outside
Unable to leave the daze I am in
Wanting us to begin.

- Swit Marie

21:54H 24th November 2016
Hugos by Modesto



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
who thinks in rhyme all the time
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020