Where To Begin

It's a rare moment when something clicks and a very honest raw connection is made. It is something that I treasure very deeply and it becomes very difficult to let go. It's been a month since Asia West Coast Swing Open, all the thrills, lessons, skills and emotions. More dance inspired poetry in the making.

I heard your name from across the room
Uttered by experienced women of the trade
I saw your silhouette glide across the lacquered wood floor
And watched you move your slender body
To the rhythm of a top 40's pop song playing in the background
We were amazed by your skill,
Your effortless ability to create gorgeous flow of emotion,
drawing in the crowd with the rhythm
And loving the moment as it went
You came alive as you brought light towards your performance
Your eyes twinkle like the stars in the velvet deep blue night sky.

Your face looked my way
As I spoke of silly things
You saw me shy away from intimidating spins
As I thought that it was all surreal
I found you in a euphoric state
Carried by the chance of possibilities
And fun-loving company
You had me at "Привет".

Your soft hair
Your gentle smile
Your adventurous soul
Your concentrated hazel gaze
Your unforgettable charm and touch.

I gazed into my surroundings
you caught me getting lost
Finding me in the midst of my thought
Challenging me to take life by the reigns
Sanctioning what society calls
a partial midlife crisis
As a pilgrimage of self discovery
And growing to be a better person.

As it all began and ended
You were never mine to begin with
but I hope you treasure this
keep me close to your heart
As you unlocked a throve of memories
Something entirely familiar
An ending to a beginning.

- Swit Marie
0254H 5th May 2017
Bangsar HQ



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
who thinks in rhyme all the time
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia