Cold Nights

This is one of those nights when insomnia is my only company.

Yet another cold, cold night,
Dripping, leaking tap water
Dampening the stale air
Absence of proper banter
Windows sneaking in pale street lights
Freckles of dust dancing without a care.

My eyes compressed so tightly
My chest tightens
like a boa constrictor's grip
While my world sleeps soundly
My mind tossing and turning
Madly as my body remains silent

Every skeletal muscle tense
The disconnect between my body
and mind makes no sense
My disrupted soul begets worry
Flight of thought racing in circuit
My judgement crumbles like biscuits

No warmth from my covers,
Soaked in regret from my past lovers
Wandering lost in list of lust
Endless winding matters
Wondering if I could have turned out better
Instead of aching under layers of rust.

Wringing of my fingers
Trembling in my lips
Tapping of my finger tips
My joints crackling like crisp in the fire
Chilled by the dawn's cool air
And slowly the amber dims.

- Swit Marie
0219H 28th April 2017
Bangsar HQ


Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid who thinks in rhyme all the time A believer in making dreams come true, she would love to collaborate with you An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia