2020

I  wrote this on the flight travelling back to Malaysia in 2020, leaving Australia after what would have been the last time I see the person that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I was observing the people around me, it was an 8 hour flight with a lot of turbulence, who would have know that 2020 would be that kind of year as well. It is funny how things tell you of what will come in its own little ways.

Looking around absorbing the sensations to accommodate my body to my surroundings,

Infusing my skin with lavender and chamomile to soothe the tension in my muscular fibres.

 

On my left, a rubik cube frantically trying to solve itself

It is but a process of working out possible solutions and running through know standard operational patterns

Constant rotations occur and in mere minutes the puzzle is solved.

 

On my right, two European centurians ecstatic to journey to a new land

Partners in life and adventurers ready for new horizons just above the equator

They see spirits and exclaim in excitement.

 

At 2 o’ clock, a mother and daughter

Going home, going to start a new year

Going into a reunion of blood lines and joyous times

The rodents will tell how the year will nibble through each moon with hopes of prosperity and opportunities.

 

The sounds of indistinct chatter

Some known to the ear

Some familiar in dialects and neighbouring areas

Asianic gestures and tones that paint the cultural port of Malaysia

A foreign place that I should call home.

 

I feel the flannel warming my skin

My working shirt sitting at home on my shoulders reminding me to be grounded

Thoughts alternating between past and present

Ideas subdued by overwhelming breaths to attempt sedation

Regurgitation of past meals telling me that being airborne is unsettling.

 

Seated in between instability and preparation

Unable to lie in knowing how to navigate this vessel

It's like a volatile kayak thrown around by the current and tide

With the lack of weight to stay buoyant.

 

Transitioning is about staying afloat

Finding balance to keep moving forward while staying safe so I don't capsize

Calming my breath and quieten my thoughts to refuse the concept of fear and uncertainty

 

This is

A journal still writing its instructions

A present unwrapping

A measure forming its own ruler

A scale fishing for a line that leads to shore.

A year whistling its call to sound off a wave

A storm pushing to the seas to break its form and pull its reign

An attempt to catch the sun and make the most with the daylight.

 

- Swit Marie

1133AM 22th January 2020

Brisbane



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia