NaPoWriMo: Crash Landing

This prompt was taken from Makhluk Seni for #NaPoWrimo2018 Day 9
Like Falling into the sky.

If I was an astronaut
drifting in space
I have lost my tether line
My saving grace
Left cold with no gravity
No way to save me
in this case.

I would let the stars
envelope me like a blanket
Savour their warmth and light
Sleep on meteorites
and hold on for dear life
Hope that this lucky chunk
would bring me back to Earth.

The atmosphere would burn
strip my pride away
The clouds would pass
Sweep away the decay
Leave me with just skin and bone
For all to see in the bright of day.

My fingers reach out toward the comets
I remember the times when I was wild
A light breeze lifts my arms
I soar and indulge for a while
I land, my toes grasp the grass
The security makes me smile.

Deep down I know this is home
Land is where I belong
It took falling from the sky
to make me realise
all this time I was wrong
All this time, you stayed
You were right all along.

- Swit Marie
0032H 10th April 2018
Taman Bahagia




Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020