Missing Puzzle Piece

Prompts from Makhluk Seni for WELP, a movement to 'weaponise' love in all forms of expression. Prompts were released throughout the month of February for writers to submit any short form of writing.

I was struggling the past few days on how much trust and dependency do I put on my friends when it comes to support. Recently I have started losing friends in a sense that they are the ones who do not value me, my time or my presence and I have taken the shift to not prioritise them any more. It is still a burden to have expectations.


Prompt 8
: The weight of trust is...
Is trust heavy for you, do you find yourself difficult to give your trust to someone? Or is the weight of your trust light as a feather, and do you give it to someone easily?⠀

Think back. Measure its weight. Tell us in a short piece.

#PACT2 #WELPPACT

My default is to always mould to fit
my function and purpose
As if this puzzle piece is a shape-shifter
that becomes the perfect solutions
for every circumstance and situation

The problem with being a shape shifter
is that i forget what I look like
What is my original form and identity?
What shape am I suppose to take in existence?
Maybe I do all the things just so that there will be people at my funeral.

When you came along
I found myself creeping into every crack I saw
Filling up those gaps with cemented sincerity
Sealing every space with grace
So that when you look into the mirror
You didn't feel like a messed up pavement.

I became a stepping stone for you
to become a stoop that lead to greatness
I didn't stoop down low
I wanted to raise the platform with you.

Hearing your breath reminds me that you are present
Your touch is the security
every child feels
when wrapped in their blanket.

You feel like the home I never had as a teen.

You feel like my inner desires were normal
that it is okay to take shape
without shifting weight, form or time
You were real time.

I existed in your timeline
like how you would time every line in a cipher
When you leave, I feel a hollowness left behind
It is only a mirage
because you still exist in the atria of my heart.

I don't know what fear had got me
stirred up in a whirlpool of uncertainty
Feeling like my ankles are chained
to an anchor that puts me
at risk of drowning.

A part of me is afraid of free-falling
from the sea to the sky
Because honestly
I don't deal well with goodbyes
And the fact is, I will see you again
We will still exist.

In proportion to each others lives
Grow
Live
Learn
Be
Be present in parallel lives
Eventually we will change course
That may lead our lines to cross the lines that we didn't cross

There is no such thing as lost time
Only time which is to gain
We have the rest of our lives to live.

- Swit Marie
1715H 1st March 2018
Abstract Nature





Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020