Sakura Storm

The other day I wrote a poem inspired by cherry blossoms and the rainy weather as that was the image I had in my head when I was reflecting on my current situation and mental state. I wrote the piece without knowing about this movie/animation and came across it when I was scrolling through the movies that recently premiered in our local cinemas. I read the synopsis and decided to go watch it the next day. I was shocked to find that the theme of the movie revolved around cherry blossoms as the protagonist's name is 'Sakura', seasons, especially spring, the tribulations of life like going through a storm and the end sequence was an exact depiction of what I had in my head as I wrote this piece.



It is a beautiful story about friendship, genuine human relations, connections in between different people, how we value them and reflect their value in our every day interactions. The progression fluctuates in intensities and there is a lot of breathing room to just stay in the moments but the ascend to the climax of the story is quite a steep on emotionally. It has a very predictable approach of anime/Japanese story telling/arcs but it is still done well none the less and the feels are so real. I related very well with the relational aspect of the story more than the characters as I find myself having the same intentions and desires when it comes to spending time with people I truly value. This really hit home for me, I am elated that I can come to terms with what I am going through and remind myself of why I do what I do and love how I love. My intentions may come across as misunderstood but I am glad that there are some who genuinely receive as freely as I give to them.


Images were take from 'I Want to Eat Your Pancreas'.


I Want to Eat Your Pancreas (Japanese君の膵臓をたべたい HepburnKimi no Suizō o Tabetai)
is a novel by the Japanese writer Yoru Sumino. Initially serialized as a web novel in 2014, the book was published in print in 2015. A comic adaptation ran from 2016 to 2017. A live-action film titled Let Me Eat Your Pancreas premiered in 2017, and an animated film premiered on September 1, 2018.





Cherry blossoms bloom
Welcoming spring time
Late bloomers eagerly catch up
Bursting their buds open
As the rest have already
have their petals expanded
Like arms wide open
Waiting to embrace the morning
Gently they kiss the mist
and touch the dew.


Storm clouds crouch
Rolling through the 
tranquil turquoise sky
Turning it troubling grey
Raindrops dives down
Slapping every leaf and petal
Rough winds vigourously shake
every branch
wrestling of every weak link
A mass massacre
Ripping every petal from its core.


When the storm blows over
Few are left nestled
at the tips of the branches
Clusters of partially mangled blooms
A blanket of wiltered pale pinks
lie over the roots in between the shadows
Remnants of the coarse passing
Some live on with the damage left behind
Holding on till the next storm.


- Swit Marie
1937H 28th January 2019
Faux Space

 Sakuras wait for the warmest days in spring to bloom, so that it is the best time for them.



Just pure interest. This sequence was extremely relatable to me as it reflects the exact thoughts I have on certain friendships that I value very recently that I could not define or explain.


 Sakura and Haruki watching the fireworks during the festival in their town.


Haruki waiting patiently for Sakura to meet him after she is discharged from the hospital. They also have this exact same shot in the final scene when he has found closure.


Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia