Letters Of Sealed Walls

Prompts from Makhluk Seni for WELP, a movement to 'weaponise' love in all forms of expression. Prompts were released throughout the month of February for writers to submit any short form of writing.

Alongside with people I have reclused myself from, I also attempted to come to terms with certain thoughts that were associated with that person. I am no longer the one who bends over backwards and smiles, goes out of my way just because I can and want to, at the expense of waiting to be love someone. It was all overlooked and still didn't earn me a place to be more than just another after-thought.
  Prompt 13: Bent over backwards for...
Would you sacrifice yourself for the ones you love? To what extent will you go for them? Think about not just your significant other, but also your family, friends, pets, and your faraway dreams⠀

#WELPPACT #PACT2


Dear reader,

Make no mistake with the words written here
They are not meant for spite
Words forged by fear
Crafted to sound right
Spoken to shed light.

I don't love you nor hate you
Volatile within the spectrum of being in between
Neither do I know if you have ever loved me
Beyond the refines of the talents
I had in my satchel
A platter you had access to at any time
A door way that would take you to any place to desired
All in all in the adjustments towards your convenience.

Deeply knowing that you never wanted me
I have sheltered myself under shades to stay in the shadows
Because the void left behind was too much space to deal with
The uneasiness sits in the depths of my ventricles
I am unwilling to face it
But I know that going face first at it would be best
My eyelids heavy with guilt
Weighed down with my lashes
Layers of scales overlapping the clarity my sclera refuses to see.

Impressions and indentations left by past colonists that invaded the ports of my heart
Graffiti tags that have now become permanent murals to remind me
I have yet to buy paint to splash over these walls
Or plaster to fill the marks and crevasses made when the tectonic plates shifted.
I sit here with my back leaning on the only walls that I know that have my back
The same walls that remind me of all the things I lack.

I will not face you anymore.

- Swit Marie
1723H 1st March 2019
Abstract Nature Hub





Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia