Spacial Song

Prompts from Makhluk Seni for WELP, a movement to 'weaponise' love in all forms of expression. Prompts were released throughout the month of February for writers to submit any short form of writing.

Recently I had the privilege to listen to some samples by Blanketfren, I completed the piece while listening to that sample on loop. The inspiration came from some recent conversations between us and some close friends of mine and the urge to use more natural elements in my writing. One of my favourite pieces to date.
Prompt 10: I hear you in...
The whispers of Love can be heard from many miles away. Sometimes they say something to you, sometimes a reminder,, sometime advice, perhaps sometimes even longing.⠀

Tell us, what do you hear?⠀

#WELPPACT #PACT2


Welcome to this space
where the Sunday market doesn't close
You have room to sit for a pit stop
Cross-legged, one leg up, all stretched out
As long as your hips have settled in its anchor
Tethered by wires of charging phones and
power banks
paperbacks
pauper ranks
piper racks

Pink strawberries picked in the month of May
made into jelly, jam and Juniper spray

Sweet, tart cherry on top
Mandarins that swim in milk chocolate
makes for good conversation and company

Maroon stripes that wrap our hugs
draws lines from our heart to our souls
Melody
Musing
Mosh pits
and mayhem

Mind blowing moments
where the pulse
rest in my palm pausing
plus reverb and high hats playing
open mics flat off the bat
Proving basics and foundations
builds variations of skyscrapers.

Music is a big part of who you are 
Your rhythm is synth waves that beat with your breath
Sharing of your passion for it
blooms roses and daffodils in my soul
Like a fresh monsoon rain that brings roots to surface.

This speaks to me of
where my feet kiss the ground and
where the balls of my feet should press in.

Your sound helps me connect
back to Sunday mornings
in an emotional way.

I dance with the knowing of my poise flowing with your voice
Allowing each note to make notes in my skin and dwell with me.
Thank you for this space.

- Swit Marie
1344H 27th February 2019
TMM HQ




Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia