Thunder Clouds In Your Eyes

Prompts from Makhluk Seni for WELP, a movement to 'weaponise' love in all forms of expression. Prompts were released throughout the month of February for writers to submit any short form of writing.

I wrote this song for a dear friend of mine, it is one of those connections that is one of a kind. Much like a Parabatai bond.

'A parabatai is a pair of Nephilim warriors who fight together as lifelong partners, bound together by oath, regardless of their gender. Their bond is not reflected only in their closeness and willingness to lay down their lives for one another, but also in oath—one sworn in front of the Council.'

Update: I performed this song at Jack It!'s 3rd Anniversary show in 2019 with Julian Penissi. We worked composing the song when he visited KL last year. We recorded it in January but it still needs a lot of work before completion.

Prompt 11: You Are So
Once you love someone enough, you'll notice things about them which were not seen before. Sometimes they're good thing, sometimes they're challenging things.

How would you go through this new discovery? Do you tell them or do you keep quiet?

#WELPPACT #PACT2

I would tell you
About the time I saw your eyes
Long before I met you for the first time
I could hear the lies your ears have heard
And I am sorry for those words that hurt.

It was years ago by the riverside
Where I ran away to find a place to hide
It was a steady flow, clear waters and sky

Chorus:
There were thunder clouds rolling in drumming strongly
As my thoughts were fighting
Fuelled with doubt and worry
The truth was far off
Long dead and buried
The waters turned soiled,
Muddy and murky

I closed my eyes to find clarity
All I saw was the storm staring fiercely
There were lightning striking drawing lines to the earth
In that flash of fear, that was where you were

Found a missing jigsaw piece that disappeared in time
A key locked away beneath all that dirt
I didn't realised I had lost my worth

Chorus repeat

Your eyes pierced my heart with forgiveness and grace
They spoke clearly in a calming pace
Your voice became louder than the roaring sky
Saying now is the time for you to shine.

No more thunder clouds rolling in drumming strongly
As my thoughts had stop fighting
No more doubt and worry
The truth is now found
No longer buried
There are clear waters and skies again.

- Swit Marie
0349H 18th March 2019
TTDI


Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, she would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020