Magpie Memories

I think my spirit animal might be a magpie. We keep things we like, protective over our loved ones and remember people. I could just be a hoarder, haha. I wrote this after taking a walk and saw broken snail shells on the pavement. I saw magpies for the first time when I was on my solo trip to Australia in June 2019. 

Walking along pathways;

Finding shattered snail shells

scattered along the creases of pavements

One wonders of life so fragile.

 

Skipping along memory lane

I'll bring you to a magpie's nest

Let each of her trinkets sing

a tune of a time.

 

Each note intently.

Each pitch directly.

 

Her treasures picked wisely

Kept close to home

Where her feathers warm her

and her thoughts engulf her.

 

Pleasing to the eye

Each one sparkles and dazzles

in the bright light

of the living feelings that come with it.

 

- Swit Marie

0300H 15th June 2019

Kayu Ara



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020