Red Square

This piece was written during a workshop taught by Melizarani T. Selva, a person who told me that I should be 'workshop-ed' and who better to learn from than the woman herself. She taught me how to write myself into a poem, how to allow people to access me via my poetry but also keeping parts of me that are vulnerable in a safe space.
We were given the privilege to use The Violet Flame, Kuala Lumpur where Lupe Parada's beautiful works were on display.

Prompt: In write 14 lines, write about a specific moment in time when you felt the most sincere form of love with this person, be specific about how this person makes you feel and it is a moment that was experienced by you and only you. Describe that moment, expand that moment, use sentences of different lengths.

In the midst of winter,
7-ого Января
(Sedmova Yanvarya)
On 7th of January in the centre of красная площадь
(Krasnaya ploshad - Red Square)
The people wish, "С днём Рождеством"
(S dyom Rozhdestvom)
Merry Christmas!
Ох мороz прийти!
(OH! Moroz priyti! - OH! The frost is here!)
An array of colours smeared with the glistening white.

Time frozen by frost,
I close my eyes,
Snowflakes kiss my eyelashes
A veil lifts off my eyes
I see you and the world that you mean to me
Like looking into a snowglobe
Snow falling all around us and you in the centre of my palms.

- Swit Marie
1420H 4th October 2017
Красная площадь, Москва



Title: WATER, The Party
Acrylics on Canvas, 2015 by Lupe Parada
PRICE: MRY 1,500.00



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory