Strings

I wrote this after I found out my ex got married to the girl he was with when he cheated. She contacted me multiple times and I did not want to have anything to do with them. I dodge a bullet and she is his now. This is me letting go of everything that had happened from the start till the end.

I was tied up with you
My heart wrapped tightly
like a ball of yarn
Overwhelmed
Suffocated
Blinded to see
that I was your prisoner.

You strung me along
let your ends loose
Then left me behind
Stale and lifeless.

I was frayed;
devastated,
I spent twice as long
Trying to weave together
what was broken
Back tracking to
where my strings started
Not knowing how
to the get the ball rolling
So afraid of getting twisted.

I watched you play
on another's heart strings
Letting her tug at you
Like flying a kite
I had knots in my stomach.

When you tied the knot
My heart struck a cord
I am not hung up on you
Not any more
My life isn't a tightrope like before
I had cut you off
No strings attached
I was your puppet no more.

- Swit Marie
0202H 8th May 2018
Malacca


Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020