Home

This piece was written from a place when home was not a safe place. It was during a time when I was at the peak of one of my relapses and the only thing I could do to protect myself was to leave home.

Home doesn't feel like home
It doesn't feel like my own
Conflict with no resolve
With harsh and angry tones
Shaking fear straight to the bone
No space, room or place
To grow up in grace.

It never felt safe
Even though we did behave
Constantly in tension
Involving the wrong kind
Of attention
Towards every action
And opinion
Living under his dominion
And regulations.

It wasn't safe for the mind
Paranoia lurks from behind
In every corner
You will find
Skeletons and monsters
Having night terrors
About every error
No dreams of something better.

Everything had to be a certain way
From the start of the day
To everything hat we say
Not too loud or too bright
I always had to be plain
Being myself never felt right
I kept my lips shut tight.

Every part under scrutiny
Every outsider became an enemy
The air reeked with negativity
There was no reason for me to stay
Being there was a strain
Many memories laced with pain
With very little to gain
I left without a trace
To go off to be alone.

- Swit Marie
0238H 16h June 2018
Taman Bahagia



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade