There You Were.

It wasn't by chance that we met. I am grateful for meeting such a wonderful person. Since meeting him, we have shared very unique and exciting memories. It's a wonderful start to a beautiful friendship!

The day was heated like a barbeque pit
Waiting to grill assorted meats
I remember walking down that street
Slightly nervous,
distracted and scatter brained
Rushing for a dinner we would all be at
I was thrown off when I bumped into people midway
I arrived at the bustling rattling lot
pacing outside closed shutters
Look all around because my eyes couldn't focus
My pale face was sweating worries and uncertainty
I saw you standing there, waiting
Your alluring blue eyes wondering
I didn't know if I should smile
It's been a while since I spoke to random strangers on the sidewalk
I was unsure if I should greet you
I decided not to be a creep
You had no qualm
Laid back and collected
I didn't realise who you were
Soon a familiar face came up to you
Your arms stretched out to meet his
It finally clicked that you were one of us
I still didn't know who you were
With a swift handshake and my troubled smile
We said hey and I got to know your name
Little did I know, it was a name that carried fame
You had a calmness about yourself
We all sat and broke bread together
There was too much chatter
That covered the questions I had
I was curiously
drawn to know you
I buried my awkwardness in biryani
Drank up my lassi in a rush
while trying to eavesdrop
on your conversations
It only dawned on me a little too late
That you were the closing act of an extraordinary night
you were tremendously neat
A maverick spouting out rhymes and lines
in frequencies that would resonate
only those who have lost
loved ones
and those who are still fighting
I didnt know then that you would be a soul I have been waiting to meet
That you were fair dinkum.

- Swit Marie
01119H 18th June 2018
Taman Bahagia



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia