One To Trees

In the month of April 2020, Makhluk Seni kicked off #HomegrownMakhlukSenis with 10 days of prompts, mindfulness activities and goals to help us get through the isolation.


Even after being back in Kuala Lumpur for 7 years, it's been a very nomadic season for me, not being able to let roots develop. This city was where I grew up in and made a home but it still feels like I am meant to be somewhere else.

Day 3 Me, a tree

Yesterday our feet became roots,⠀

Today, we turned into trees!⠀


Dear Makhluk Seni, ⠀

We ask you: If my body is a tree, what would be inside?


#quarantineinitiative #grassroots

#PACT2020

#NAPoWriMo #NaPoWriMo2020


Most days, I feel like weeds, flowering in the meadows and sidewalks.

I am there when I can be,

when the circumstances permit and there is space for me to inhabit. 

Other times, once my season has passed, I wither and find a new place.

Incapable of growing deep roots,

removed when I am not wanted,

Unsure of how long I can live in these cracks.


When I find myself taking root,

I am planning on how to survive,

Where I need to go and how long should I stay.

Most times, it's not up to me,

Some times, I can have a choice

Other times, I do what I do to survive.


Once I do find a place I can take root, maybe I will grow into a tree, may take a lot longer but it may happen eventually when it is opportune,

I'll live as I do, with hope and trust in the season as I can.


- Swit Marie

15th June 2020

Sceni Co-working and Events




Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
When words fail, she allows movement and emotion to carry her through
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020