Who Am I?

After months of recuperation and losing my definition, time and time again being asked who am I and what I want. This piece would be an expression of my entity, who I am and what want to be.

I am a female ball of enthusiasm
Soaring and cascading with fanaticism
For all things pop cultural and traditional
All I want is to be original
Not a carbon copy of the girl next door
Nor the outline of what was done before
Travel down the road less explored
A pioneer of innovating things that I adore.

I could not be bothered by temporary non-necessities
Fallacies, twisted tensions and false realities,
What you call fab,
To me, is a drag.
Show me its worth and substance
Then, you have every right to brag 
I cannot tolerate air and cotton candy
Too sweet without the sour, bitter and salty.

Life is not one dimensional with only you to be irrational,
For all to fall at your feet and tell you that you deserve this seat.
Breath and be your principles,
That is how I make disciples,
Lead not by instructions but be real life examples for generations.

I applaud and encourage strong will and good effort,
When you stay true to your methods
No short cuts or detours
When you pay your dues to your debtors,
When you honour with respect not the elite elects
But the ones who are of humble greatness and sincere kindness.

I am no talent whisperer but I see
the very potential and action that is needed for a beginner
I am a maker of dreams,
When you can't even imagine,
I am there already bursting at the seams,
Eagerly waiting for you to see the bigger picture
beyond the canyons and ravines.

I am an usher of souls 
Pushing far and wide to reach your goals
Of what makes your insides come alive,
I will climb with you and so will I dive.

Stay afloat and swim instead of frantically panic
in the under currents of your uncertainty
Give you ground to stand firm on as your security,
Let you shine bright because I believe in you
Give you my all because I trust that your intentions are true
I hold you close to my heart but stretch away at arms length
Become your enabler with my own strengths.

I listen to what I am told
A heart as pure as gold?
No.
I am blended with impurities and mixes
Not a seeker for quick fixes
Drop my words as fast as you would drop the mic
Do what I do just as you like
No, I would never pick a fight
And will always help you switch on the light.

I will be who or what you need or want,
Be human when I can't,
With wounds that turn to scars after I bleed.
Arise and awake, do it all over again,
There is no gain without the pain,
Live and love with every fibre that holds me together,
Connect the dots and paint a portrait of who I am.

- Swit Marie
01:53H 22nd October 2016
Jalan Pahang



SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade