Through Dreamlands

A homage to Kak Lara Hassan

Across dreamlands; green belts that stretched throughout the gracious pastures. Golden painted sky on the horizon's canvas and frolicking cotton clouds licked by mortal eyes that were in awe. There in the distance, I saw you. A stranger with words and heart that had silently spoken out loudly to me; you whom had written across the dreamlands: pictures of mysteries; language of hidden poetry. You had written art and left it for me to find them all across the dreamlands – the vast continent of slumber and awake. I knew then that I had to know you now, the one that had crafted the dreamlands; calm and tender soul, a place of truth and humanity secrets could hold. You, across the dreamland, I had dreamt of meeting you. And I want you to know; I am halfway there – bleeding – fingers making sentences to cut the distance, with my words and thoughts, still bleeding.

And I want you to know; across the dreamlands
I am here.

- Jack


Jack Malik is a rising poet whose poetry consist of email drafts, facebook statuses and random tweets. He believes it is not about WHY you write but HOW you construct that path which calls you to write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020