Where In the World?

We met Nadia Zahari at 'Verbal Diarrhoea' hosted by Minut Init some time ago. Both Nadia and I love to travel and we decided to collaborate on that topic of interest. Take a peak into our 'Travel Log'.

Wonderful wanderlust,
The thrill of travelling,
Excitement bursting,
When I jump on the city bus.

Peek into the little nooks,
Get lost in quint and quiet crannies,
Walk down random alleys,
Rewrite generic travel books.

Feet splashing is my favourite thing,
Take me down to the moat,
On that little yellow boat ,
So I can sing this entire spring.

The contours of these foreign floors,
Take me on a journey as time ticks,
Rich history embedded in these bricks,
My imagination dances through these doors.

The townsfolk painted the town red,
At night they sing their anthems,
And dance, and conjured the night phantom,
Say, Hail the victorious dead!

My pen dotting and pencil sketching,
Etching the imagery of scenic beauty,
Journals of cultures and diversity,
Landscapes of people who love living.

No empty spaces in my book,
It is filled with pictures,
Of many towns, many strangers,
Your picture was the last I took.

- Nadia Z. + SY
15:30H 9th June 2016
Travel Logs


Nadia Zahari recently published her book, 'Where Is My Doughnut?'. It is available on Amazon Kindle if you are overseas. Get your hands on her book by sending her an email at naddyzahari@gmail.com

SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020