SY: Scars Turned Beautiful

NaPoWriMo Day 4
Prompt taken from Spill The Ink Poetry Lab

by If Walls Could Talk KL
"Write a poem using a line or verse from a song that you love!"

Using the lyrics from "Scars To Your Beautiful" by ALESSIA CARA as response and using my words to respond to her lines.

#2017inkedwallsday04
#2017inkedwallsprompt04
#NaPoWriMo2017
#NaPoWriMo #NPWM

Why do you defile the walls of your holy temple?
"She just wants to be beautiful."

The comments of acquaintances and strangers are ample.
"She craves attention, she praises an image."

The pain resembles repetitive scrapping of a blunt scalpel.
"So she tries to cover up her pain, and cut her woes away."

I live not by judgement or instruction but by example.
"She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits."

"She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor."
It is true that my body was sculpted by God.

"Oh she don't see the light that's shining."
But many a times I look at myself as if I was odd.

"Deeper than the eyes can find it"
Traces of what was left behind with no reward.

"Maybe we have made her blind"
Blinded by my imperfections and punishments by rods.

I have move past beyond the regrets I have made.
"Cause covergirls don't cry after their face is made."

The truth is we move on beyond the things that have left us with a mark,
"There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark."

No matter how much to have fails in life thus far,
"You should know you're beautiful just the way you are."

You hurts and wounds make you feel like a weakling,
But "you don't have to change a thing."

You need to set yourself apart so that
"The world could change its heart."

See the wonderful in yourself and stay to be hopeful,
"No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful."

I crave to be what I cannot be,
"She has dreams to be an envy."
Overcome by jealousy
Over looking transparency.

So I start risking,
And questioning,
I stop believing
"so she's starving."

Believing instead in falsities
You know, "Covergirls eat nothing."
Manipulating what is reality,
She says, "Beauty is pain and there's beauty in everything."

Destroying the pillars of my strengths
"What's a little bit of hunger?"
For something temporary at any cost and length
"I could go a little while longer,"

Till I was lost in a world that is empty
"she fades away."
All to satisfy ridiculous, irrational envy.

"She don't see her perfect, she don't understand she's worth it."
But once I hit rock bottom and lost it all, I did.

"Or that beauty goes deeper than the surface"
I learnt my self worth and reconstructed my dwelling place.

"So to all the girls that's hurting"
Let me tell you my endeavours.
"Let me be your mirror."
Be a reflection of your past and future.
"help you see a little bit clearer."
Show you how to begin where
"The light that shines within."

"No better you than the you that you are."
You and I have battle scars.

"No better life than the life we're living"
Because we are still alive and breathing.

"No better time for your shine, you're a star."
Brighter than the headlights of cars.

"Oh, you're beautiful."
Yes you're beautiful.

- Swit Marie

01:06H 4th April 2017

Home




Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
who thinks in rhyme all the time
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade