SY: Ghost

NaPoWriMo Day 2
Prompt taken from Spill The Ink Poetry Lab
by If Walls Could Talk KL
"In 14 lines, tell me how unusual your Sunday can be. 
Begin with "The light hits..."

This time around, try to be more specific! Take notes of your usual dwellings and haunts- the name of the mall, the clothes you're wearing, the black battered MyVi you're in, or the pothole you always swerve away from.
Bonus! Include an unexpected encounter with an old flame. Be creative; it may or may not be human."

The light hits my tired eyes
While Sunday is the Sabbath day for people to get wise
It is a day that reminds me
Of your perfectly angled features
The unruly spikes on your head
The sunshine you used to be
I can't help but see your ghost
Appearing in all my private spaces
Your shadow that lingers on my skin as I tie my shoe laces
I hide in the asylum of my shell
Trying to avoid the vibrations of your noise
But all I hear is your voice
The unusual hungry I get from missed brunches
Living in the absence of broken walls between us.


- Swit Marie
10:16H 2nd April 2017
South China Sea



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid
who thinks in rhyme all the time
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020