Running In The Rain

It is monsoon season on the west coast of Malaysia and I have been getting caught in the rain for quite a fair bit. The weather can get rather fierce but nothing beats running in the rain.

Tiny water droplets wet my cheeks
as unpredictable gusts of wind
shift my weight in every direction
My outstretched palm feels nothing
but moist wind weaving through my fingers.

My eyes gaze upon the bright sky
Clear flamboyant sea of white
tinged with shades of gray
Clouds rolling madly over each other
melting into a mass as the sky grows darker.

Frantically I run
My heart in palpitations
Cold sweat send chills down my spine
Shudder in my footsteps
My toes confused with misdirection.

Lightning flashes
like the strikes of ferocious titans
enraged by the pleas of the people
Clashing their weapons
in a high tension duel.

Fierce lightning rips the sky apart
Shredding the menacing gray clouds
with streaks of charged bolts
Bright blasts fire across the dark canvas
blinding my eyes for seconds.

Foundations quake violently
as lightning strikes the ground
Landing with full force like an asteroid
travelling with full velocity
crashing into the earth.

Visuality reduces to nil
as the air is ambushed by
a crossfire of continuous heavy raindrops
shooting down like rapid bullets
in a merciless airstrike.

I run like there is no tomorrow
Drenched till no part of me was dry
Changing through thick curtains
feeling the exhilaration of freedom
flowing through me as I run In the rain.

- Swit Marie

21:05H 23th November 2016
Hugo's at Modesto



Swit Marie is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaid 
who thinks in rhyme all the time
A believer in making dreams come true, s
he would love to collaborate with you
An explorer starting fresh and would only give her best
She stands in the gap and will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia