A Little Town Called Batu Gajah.

I was on the train to Ipoh and the train stopped at Batu Gajah before that and I got inspired to write about the place where I spent my holidays.

Batu Gajah, Perak, 
To be exact, No 1 Waldorf Park,
Although its not where I spent all my days, 
It's where I spent all my holidays. 

No 1 Waldorf Park is full of memories, 
Every corner has a story, 
The parents, their 9 children and 19 grandchildren, 
In this house we all managed to fit. 

The drain in front of the house, 
Sometimes that's where the kids were found, 
Catching fish or paper boat racing, 
Not caring that it was scorching.

Batu Gajah has a playground at the bottom of the hill, 
That's where the kids chilled, 
The pizza hut around the corner, 
Sometimes that's where we had dinner.

The shop at the bottom of the hill, 
Is where the kids spent all their money, 
We'd come back with bags full of sugary goodness and giggling,
Our parents didn't think it was funny. 

This is the place where I grew up, 
This is the place where I spent most of my time,
This place will always be dear to my heart, 
This place is where I had some of the best times.

- JN
 1.00am, 7/8/2015 (Friday)
On the train to Ipoh, Perak


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020