This Is How I Will Remember You

Sometimes when a relationship ends, at the end of that relationship, you can't really see what first brought the two of you together, or why you stayed so long. There is often a lot of animosity that builds from this, and you begin to despise the person you once gave your whole self to. But, this is a choice. You can choose to let the hurt of the break up consume you & alter your judgment of this person, or you can choose to accept that despite how great that person might have been, they just weren't the right fit for you, and take away from that relationship all the good things, because more often than not, despite everything - there was good in the relationship, even if the relationship ended up not being good for you.

I won't think about the times you made me cry,
And all the arguments that nearly led to goodbye.
Instead I will remember your tear stained t-shirt as I sobbed into your chest,
In my weakest moments and I wasn't at my best.

I choose to forget the words you spat in my face,
Instead I choose to remember the ones you said softly and with such grace,
Those tender words of love that often soothed my soul,
As we stirred steadily forward towards a common goal.

I won't think about the loud shouting matches that sometimes went too far,
Or of the slamming off doors & walking out of cars.
I will think instead of moments when it was just us two,
And we were quietly satisfied with very little to do.

At the end of the day, even though we weren't meant to be,
I choose to remember all the good instead of the bad & ugly,
You might think the love we had was fraudulent and untrue,
But deeply in love, is how I will always remember you.

- SB
3.20am, 26th July 2015 (Sunday)
Ghetto HQ



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade