Shut Up and Dance With Me

Well, this was sort of inspired by the song Shut Up and Dance With Me by Walk The Moon. I wanted to try and write a love story/poem with that line, and so I did. 

This is how it began,
He took her hand,
She shook her head and said, "I don't dance,"
He said, "With me, take a chance."

He does silly dances for her,
As she giggles like a little kid,
It's been four years,
But the little things, they still did.

One night, they went out dancing with their friends,
Even though she hated to dance,
She caved because it was their anniversary
He took her hand and said,"Shut up and dance with me."

"I've been waiting all my life,
For a girl like you to be my wife,
So say yes, and marry me,"
He said, as he got down on one knee.

He danced around the kitchen counter,
With their beautiful daughter,
As she watched them twirl,
She felt like the luckiest girl.

- JN
 1.00pm, 3/8/2015 (Monday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020