Alluring Autumn

Autumn is my favourite time of the year. There is something soothing about the chilling breeze, the soft showers of rain and the beautiful colours of leaves that are on the trees and the blanket of leaves fallen on the ground. I miss autumns in Russia.

A palette of pink and ash white,
The colours all look so right,
A mixture of greys and blues so light,
So soothing but so bright.

A rainbow of tree leaves,
Drawing life away from what grieves,
Numbing to what we perceive,
Only wanting the love that we receive.

So pour sweet September showers,
As the chilling temperature lowers,
All I want is to stay under the covers,
Think of us cuddling as lovers.

The winds blow so cold,
The clouds in the sky as they mould,
The truth that lies so frank and bold,
It's with you I wish to grow old.

Serenading the nightingales sing,
Inspiration is what they bring,
Take me away with your angel wings,
To where we have a sense of belonging.

Autumn comes three months long,
Through it all I come with songs,
My favourite time when my heart is strong,
It sings, it's with you where I belong.

SY
Written at 03:03 on 15th September 2011

At my home, Kursk, Russia




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory