What We Do With Scars.

I would probably say this if someone came back into my life again. This one was a deep cut that left a deep scar. Also a tribute to 'Scars' by Papa Roach.


Disclaimer: I take no pride or ownership in using the lyrics of this wonderful anthem for heart-wrenching moments in life. It was always a habit of mine to use songs to express myself and fuel the words of my rhymes. Please forgive me.

I tore my heart open,
And saw my vessels ripen,
I sew myself shut,
With the sutures of my rut.

My weakness is that I care too much,
Too much till I end up losing touch,
My scars remind me that the past is real,
It makes my soul harden like stone and steel.

I tear my heart open just to feel.

Drunk and I'm feeling down,
My world turning upside down,
And I just wanna be alone,
Stay away from my damn phone.

I'm pissed 'cause you came around,
Cause you made me lost and can't be found,
Why don't you just go home,
Or go somewhere else and roam.

Cause you channel all your pain,
Into the things that make you vain,
And I can't help you fix yourself,
When you put me on that shelf.

Your making me insane,
And drowning me in pain,
All I can say is,
I had enough of this.

I tried to help you once,
I gave you all the chance,
Against my own advise,
I gave you all more than trice.

I saw you going down,
I knew I wasn't sound,
But you never realized,
I became all that I despised.

Now your drowning in the water,
You have lost all that matter,
So I offered you my hand
Because I understand.

Compassion's in my nature,
And you have a hope and future,
That night was our last stand,
But you made me feel like I was banned.

And I tried to grab your hand,
It was not like it was planned,
And I left my heart open
For you to say what was unspoken.

I can't help you fix yourself,
So I left away in stealth,
But at least I can say I tried,
It was you who didn't confide.

I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life.

Our scars remind us that the past is real.
And I have just told you how I feel.



- SY
Written 17:07 20th July 2015
At Road 29, OUG





SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade