"I'm Fine"

I was thinking about how people always say "I'm fine" even when they're not. We tend to just say we're okay or we're fine whether or not we are okay. 

Every time someone asks me if I'm okay,
I don't know what to say,
There's so much I want to say,
But that part of me is shut away.

I'd like to tell them how I'm barely getting by,
Or that I am watching all my friends move on with their lives,
And I am here standing still, stuck,
Sometimes I think I'm bad luck.

I want to tell them it's so loud inside my head,
With all the words I should have said,
Or about that feeling that I'm never good enough,
And how it never goes away.

I don't know how to explain it
Because even I can't make sense of it,
So instead I just smile,
and say "I'm fine."


- JN
 11.00am, 14/8/2015 (Friday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory