Poem Three

I come today with dreams up my sleeves
because I don’t want to sit idle anymore

I want you to rip this cloth that is holding me back
from telling you how important your lips on mine are
and how crazy I am for you

I want colours to splash out of your soul
and seep into my veins while I linger on to your presence
feel the tip of your brush as you bring us to life
with each stroke across my chest
and each pause to catch your moisture locked with mine

I want bread to sit in our oven too afraid to rise
as I grab you by the waist 
and waltz you back to our unkempt sheets
and write love songs with your body 
until the stars wrap us in silence
your kisses to guide me through the night

I want to be the current jumpstarting your dilated eyes
touch your neck and your thighs and give a damn about your sighs
the Greek gods would fight me for you
but drenched in your ocean 
I would never let anyone crash into you the way I do

I want to slam punch lines with my tongue 
forget I stutter, always half a beat behind everybody
because you are that magnetic field pulling my core to you
and it is no coincidence my cheeks blush with your name
each time you wrestle me with seduction and tease me with conviction

You are sunshine wrapped around my spine
and I want to be your jumper to dress you and hold you
My fiction is this reality I have with you
orbiting around your lukewarm words, seasoned smile and midnight voice
I don’t want us to be a hangover love
I want us to be the most important touchdown

- J




J is a number cruncher with a cat-dog like personality. She thinks about having a restart button to life, but really she's just shuffling though new paths. Eating cold pizza with a good night sky view is her salvation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade