JN: Remember, Remember, The Cruelest Month Is December

NaPoWriMo Challenge Prompt Week 4:

"In his poem “The Waste Land,” T.S. Eliot famously declared that “April is the cruelest month.” But is it? I’d have thought February. Today I challenge you to write a poem in which you explore what you think is the cruelest month, and why. Perhaps it’s September, because kids have to go back to school. Or January, because the holidays are over and now you’re up to your neck in snow. Or maybe it’s a month most people wouldn’t think of (like April), but which you think of because of something that’s happened in your life."

Christmas is in December,
In 2010, we had one that we will always remember,
The first one without you,
That is something I will never get used to.

December is supposed to be happiest month of the year,                  
With all the festive cheer,
It's never been the same,
Without hearing your voices call my name.

December is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, 
Every year I think it's a dream and you'd somehow appear,
I miss you every day,
But it's in December that I miss you the most, I'd say.

December was a month I used to look forward to,
It meant that I got to spend time with you,
That smile on your face as we pulled up to the house,
That is something that I will never forget.

Take me back to those days,
The ones I will always remember,
The ones with the traditions and all the cliches,
If cruel was a month it would be December.


 - JN
5.30pm, 5/4/2016 (Tuesday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory