Rainbow Of You

Someone posted a picture of a rainbow on Facebook and as I was looking at it, I started  to think about the colours and how I would associate them with you. 

Red, the colour of the shirt you were wearing,
When you told me that it was me you wanted to marry.
That look in your eyes,
It gave me a warm feeling inside.

Orange, the colour of the band you wear on your hand,
You've had it since the day we met,
It was given to you by someone special,
The way you light up when you talk about it is beautiful.

Yellow, one of your favourite colours,
The colour of the Bumblebee figurine on your dashboard,
That smile when I gave it to you,
It's one of the things I love most about you.

Green, the colour of the trees that surrounded us,
When we took that walk in the park,
We stopped to play with the dogs that walked past,
I didn't mind getting bitten by mosquitoes.

Blue indeed is the warmest colour,
The colour of your bed spread,
The one we laid underneath,
On that cold rainy Sunday morning.

Indigo is a colour that is similar to blue,
I remember you said they looked the same to you,
We even had a debate about it,
That left us laughing uncontrollably.

Violet reminds me of lavender,
The scent you started to use in your car,
Simply because I mentioned it is a smell I love,
One afternoon on one of our escapades.

You are my rainbow,
A sign of hope on a rainy day,
But like that beautiful spectrum of colour,
You were never meant to stay.

 - JN
8.14pm, 18/8/2016 (Thursday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020