Not You, But You, Only You.

Not you,
You turn people off,
With your loud voice,
Your undainty undaintiness,
Your brash-fuck-you attitude,

Not you.
People don’t want
A woman that speaks her mind,
A woman that says it like it is,
A woman that is secretly insecure,
Of losing you,
A woman that will battle a thousand miles,
To be there when you need her,
Because you are a woman that doesn’t hide behind a mask of makeup,
And no, they don’t want that,

Not you.
They don’t want you,
Your shrilly voice singing along to all the songs on the radio,
Your chinky eyes,
Or your constantly irritated nose,
Not you,

But you,
With your loud-fuck-yous,
your morning sinuses,
your hard punches that actually hurt,

But you,
With your beautiful voice when you sing,
your loud laugh,
your sideway glances,
your fiery stance,
your secure insecurities,
Your readiness to burn the world down to make me safe,

Only you,
I don’t need you saying no to me when I need being said no to,
I don’t need to hold you to fall asleep,
 I don’t need to graze your cheeks and watch you smile every time I do so,

But I want to,
You, only you.

- Satpal


Satpal Kaler was raised in a family that wanted him to become a doctor/lawyer/engineer but he broke everyone's dreams and made his own when he decided to pursue filmmaking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia