Farewell Lil' Sally

Relationships are difficult to start, maintain and end. Some times it is better that people have what they have and move on their separate paths after that. This piece is inspired by 'Wake Up Sally' from 'The Surrogate Friend' album by the one and only Francis Wolf.

Good night lil Sally,
Glad we enjoyed tonight,
Before you know it,
You will be gone tomorrow.

Sleep lil Sally,
Don't talk to me all night,
We have done our deeds,
I got you smiling just right.

Wake up lil Sally,
Dawn has come,
Dreams have gone,
This isn't your bed anymore.

C'mon lil Sally,
It's time for you to go,
You know you can't stay,
Don't ask me again tomorrow.

Goodbye lil Sally,
It's best that we go our own ways,
Don't touch me or hold me,
You very well know what I will say.

Take care lil Sally,
I'll quietly miss you,
This you will never know,
Along with the side of me I will never show.

- SY

21:04H 2nd August 2016
Taman Bahagia




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade