Will You Comet-h With Me?

Comets come by every once in millennia or decades, so rare and full of marvel. Not to be confused with a falling meteor. What would I give to ride with a comet?

Will you be my shooting star?
In sight but distantly far,
So brisk that our chances just pass.

A comet that soars in it's course,
You won't drift or wander with remorse,
Orbiting by the tranquil galaxies.

My ball of dust, fire and ice,
Time and space have you splintering,
But for lightyears your hardy core lasted travelling.

Prancing across the canvas of shimmering splendor,
Lighting up the skies like a rescue flare,
You outshine the twinkling stars.

Hold me in my breath mesmerised,
Your fiery trail like a chariot,
Orion has not got you defeated.

As you stop by the Milky Way,
I'll let you carry my quiet dreams,
Across the interstellar far away.

Then come back years later,
Grazing Earth's atmosphere,
Whisper to me,"I'll be back soon my dear."

- SY
11:14H 11th July 2016
61 Wong Clan




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade