Spring Haikus: A Compilation

Kyoto Spring
Sometimes it rains hard.
Sometimes the sun makes us gay.
Sometimes it snows soft.

Camelia
Come sniff what I saved.
A dried camellia I picked
from Izumo’s hills.

Riceball Lesson
We made sankaku
-triangle onigiri.
Oh! - labor for food!

Cherry Petals
Cherry petals swirl
when the wind from the north blow.
Some fell on my hair.

Sunny Spring
Cherry blossom’s branch
fell down swiftly on the ground.
Howling wind, welcome!


Us
On the gathered snow,
How good to flow together.
Like we are water.

- Dumay



I am Dumay from the Cordilleras (mountain) region of the Northern Philippines. 
I write poems everyday so I could survive, so I could tell myself that I am living.
I write about the Cordilleras and beyond. I was born and raised here and I have no problem in dying here. The mountains is my source of inspiration. She is my muse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia