Behind the Milo & Chrysanthemum Tea

Inspired by a story heard at an iftar gathering during Ramadhan, about two students getting caught making out behind a vending machine. Young love sometimes blooms in odd places. 

We stood,
Us two,
Face to face,
Behind the vending machine.

You came close,
Your nose almost touching mine,
And despite myself,
I smiled.

I examined your eyelashes closely,
Trying my best not to blink,
Because your eyes,
Were locked on mine.

You put an arm,
Around my waist,
Pulled me closer,
And our lips met.

I pushed against you,
Forging a deeper connection,
Of our soft skin,
And our souls.

And thus began,
Our juvenile love story,
Behind the Milo,
And chrysanthemum tea.

- SB
4.12am, 14th July 2016
TMS HQ




SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia