Footsteps At The Door

I was given the phrase "footsteps at the door" as my #SemiGodsUnited assignment. That phrase reminded me of back when I was a kid and my parents would always come to check on me to see if I was asleep. I would be reading a book under the covers with my brother's torchlight and when I heard their footsteps, I would quickly turn off the light and hide the book under my pillow. Sometimes I got caught but they'd just give me five more minutes. 

She was heading to bed,
But she heard stiffled giggles
A wave of emotions washed over her,
And she couldn't help but smile.

She tiptoed her way to the door,
Pressed her ear against it,
Silence was all she heard,
Her pudgy feet gave her away again.

She knocked on the door,
A tiny voice said "come in"
As she pushed the door open,
What greeted her was a big goofy grin.

"Off to bed", she said,
The little girl hid her face,
She could see that her daughter was not tired,
So she gave her five more minutes.

It was weird being on this side,
The look on her dad's face,
She remembers it clear as day,
Hearing his footsteps at the door is something she misses.

Now she has her own tiny human,
It has come full circle,
And just like her dad did,
She always lets it slide.

- JN
9.42pm, 24/8/2016 (Wednesday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory