Fuck You (It's Okay)

I try my level best not to use profanity in my poetry (as much as I might use it in my daily life), but there comes a time in life when you realize you put up with so much shit for some male that you just need to say - Fuck You (It's Okay). This is a response piece, meaning if it were to be read out, the audience would say "It's Okay". But is it really okay though? ;) 

For all the times you point at something & wordlessly ask me to pass it to you, 
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For all the times you made me sit & wait in the car for 45 minutes, when you had rushed me out of the house,
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For all the times I was made to feel like a bad driver because I didn't drive like you,
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For all the times you made me feel like my taste in movies was inferior to yours,
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For all the times I had stayed awake for you, 
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For all the times you invalidated my feelings, and I let you, 
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For telling me that my hair was "too short" & I wasn't "as girly as you thought", 
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For saying I was too loud, 
Fuck You (It's Okay). 

For all the "I love you"s you said that pre-dated your "I don't know what I want",
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For the month of sleepless nights & endless stream of tears wasted on you,
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For the break up and the new girlfriend that followed barely a month after,
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For unfriending me on Facebook because you couldn't "take my emo posts", 
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For choosing a Man U game with your bro over spending time with me after months of not seeing each other,
Fuck You (It's Okay). 

For telling me that it wasn't about finishing, but about connecting,
Fuck You (It's Okay).

For making me think for a second that I was insignificant, just because I was insignificant to you,
Fuck You (It's Okay).

No really, 
Fuck you, but it's okay. 

- SB
5.44am, 28th April 2016
TMS HQ 


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia