From SY: To My Sibling

This one is 'Evenings With You.' Dedicated to my blood brother who comes from the same mother. He always had my back and vice versa.

Daily hellos I bid to you,
By looking at my face,
You already have a clue.

You don't say anything,
Turn back to your screen,
Most of the time you continue eating.

An occasional peak,
A side way glance,
Just to check if I was weak.

At times you come sit opposite me,
As I sink into my corner,
Usually, you will let me be.

When I am really down,
You try to intervene,
You prod and make a silly frown.

We would watch the telly,
Exchange chuckles and comments,
And talk about toons that are loony.

You swap channels searching for jives,
We sing our lungs out loud,
Those become my favourite drives.

This became more frequent,
Spending moments together,
Especially as of recent.

And in those times,
Though short and brief,
Is what is worth putting in these rhymes.

Thank you for these evenings with you,
Plain and simple in what we do,
You will always be cherished through and through.

- SY

14:40H 22nd September 2015
The Exchange Cafe, HSG




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020